Hand sewn reversible apron floral print

My secondary school (high school) uniform was a bright turquoise pinafore design that everyone hated, saying that it looks like an apron; but guess what - I actually liked it 😊

Without doubt, I love aprons too (including all pinafore design clothing)! However, I have only bought ONE apron ever, which was then updated to slightly different look, and then got really worn off and was disposed of. I've then decided to not buy anymore apron - definitely not in Malaysia - where aprons are either too expensive or too ugly (and still expensive)!

Since then I've transformed an old sundress into an almost instantly made apron, and went on to making this new, reversible design apron. The fabrics used here were bought originally for making placemats but then I got really busy for many months that I forgot all about it (or rather, gave up on it). Not until a recent spring cleaning that I found them stacked in a drawer.


If I don't do anything with them, they will go to waste (or I might die before that); so I took some of them and made this really simple, reversible print apron. I think anyone who knows what an apron is and know basic stitching (or how to operate a sewing machine), can figure out how this is done.


The neck straps are sewn on with some old buttons I have in my craft and sewing box, with different design on reverse side. This is an easy way out for me, as I didn't need to sew them into the top seam, and it's also easy for repairs whenever needed.


As I don't have a sewing machine, everything is done by hand stitching 😂 . The hardest part is making the belts and the neck straps because it's very time consuming due to the length.

Making my own apron does not only mean that it cost nothing extra money wise, but it also means that I get to decide how I want it to look. Call me vain if you want but kitchen is no place for looking ugly! 😀😆

Now that I've got 2 aprons for rotation, they can be kept clean quite regularly. Win-win!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't throw away that broken Umbrella just yet. Make a bag with the fabric.

Handmade Decorative Lanterns from Used/Old Red Packets Ang Pow

DIY Flash Drive Organizer