Instant Apron from Old Dress


I love aprons: the design, the look, wearing it. But let's face it, aprons are not cheap. And to think that it's something that I wear to block off oil stains and dirt from cooking, it just doesn't make sense to spend money on it. Oh I'm such a stingy hag 😈

This was a sundress I had but worn off over time, and I'd ripped a whole somewhere on the back. Can't give it to charity, didn't want to cut it off into cleaning cloth (not yet), so I had to do something about it, and with it.

Since my old apron has become so manky, it deserves a retirement. This old spaghetti strap dress came ready handy as it came ready with 2 attached belts for back tie bow, so all I needed to do was to separate the front and the back (keep the spaghetti straps and belt attached to the front portion), hem the edges to tidy up any loose edge and threads. Only took me one afternoon (hand stitching).

Introducing my new apron, formerly called sundress 😎

Now the old apron can finally be disposed of after 8 years, and the back portion can be cut off into cleaning cloths.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't throw away that broken Umbrella just yet. Make a bag with the fabric.

Handmade Decorative Lanterns from Used/Old Red Packets Ang Pow

DIY Flash Drive Organizer